Southern Idaho is one of the unique areas in the U.S. currently producing commercial power in four of the five renewable energy sectors, including wind, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass.
- In 2018, 81% of the electricity generated in Idaho at utility-scale power plants was produced from renewable energy sources, the second highest share of state renewable electricity after Vermont (source: eia.gov)
- Idaho Power, a leader in providing reliable and affordable energy in our region, has pledged to produce 100% clean energy by 2045
- Idaho has the 2nd lowest Annual Average Price/kWh in the U.S. (just 6.92 cents)
- Idaho Power's sustainability initiatives have resulted in a 28% drop in CO2 emissions since 2005
- Clif Bar in Twin Falls recently unveiled the largest private solar farm in Idaho (which powers a third of the factory's annual power needs)
- Solar projects throughout Southern Idaho are generating enough power to fuel more than 400,000 homes