Southern Idaho is one of the unique areas in the U.S. currently producing commercial power in four of the five renewable energy sectors, including wind, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass.
- 58% of electricity produced in Idaho comes from renewable energy sources
- Idaho Power, a leader in providing reliable and affordable energy in our region, has pledged to produce 100% clean energy by 2045
- Idaho has the 2nd lowest Annual Average Price/kWh in the U.S. (just 6.92 cents)
- Idaho Power's sustainability initiatives have resulted in a 28% drop in CO2 emissions since 2005
- Solar projects throughout Southern Idaho are generating enough power to fuel 400,000 homes